What to put in your camper? That is the quintessential question to ask. You have to treat your camper like your house on wheels. The basics that you would need in your home are what you will need in your camper. Wal-Mart is not always nearby.
There are still somethings that we need that we have not purchased yet, but they are on my imaginary list in my head. This was a learning experience for us. Like why did we bring a baking dish, our camper doesn’t even have an oven, to how did we not think to bring grilling tools.
- Toilet Paper (Scott) Trust me on this.
- Shower Supplies
- Paper Towels
- Paper Plates (Unless you like doing dishes, and the water is hooked up correctly)
- Plastic Utensils
- Pots/Pans/Mixing Bowl
- Spatula/Wooden Spoon
- Electric Skillet
- Dish Soap
- Cleaning Wipes
- Salt and Pepper Shakers and Spices
- Pot Holder
- Can Opener
- Duct Tape
- Spare Fuses
- Grilling Tools
- Outdoor Rug (We still need this)
- Camp Chairs
- Outdoor Games
- Roasting Sticks
- Outdoor Lighting
- Drinking water hose
- Sewer hose (Do not store anywhere near the drinking hose)
- Disposable gloves
- Tire leveling blocks
- Insect Repellent
- Mystical Fire ( I love this magical dust that turns your campfire into a rainbow of colors.) We found it here.
- Dutch Oven
- Party Lights to decorate your camper – find here. If you get party lights also get these clips found here, they make hanging the lights on the awning so much easier.
This is not a complete list. I know I am probably missing several important things. It is just a starting point. Each family is different, their needs more complex or simpler than ours. The point is to camp in comfort. I love being outdoors, exploring new and exciting places, but I also want to sleep in an air conditioned room. Not worrying about what creatures are lurking around the campsite. I have heard enough horror stories from my boy scout to know that the bed in a camper is better than a sleeping bag set up over a fire ant mound.
Somethings you will end up leaving in your camper for your next camping adventure. We have a set of camping chairs that we leave in the camper. Also most the kitchen supplies stay as well. NOT FOOD though. Others, like bedding, will have to be washed and stored to prevent that mildew smell.
Just remember to enjoy time spent with your family. Have fun exploring and investigating new sites by day. Then returning home to a cozy camper and a hot shower.
Disclaimer: There a few things with affiliate links above. If you use the link to purchase through, thank you very much! I may receive a small percentage for my recommendations.